Oartec has specialised in designing and manufacturing innovative rowing machines since 2007. The DX Rower was conceived as an easy to row machine that would benefit rowers of any category, level or age by encouraging good rowing technique and coordination.
Amatek was tasked with a complete redesign of the DX-Rower control interface. Specifically, the brief required the development of features only found on more expensive rowing training machines.
This second generation device, called the OTM-2, required completely new electronics and firmware, including a multi-level menu with multiple interactive training modules.
We developed a feature-rich graphical user interface that has helped Oartech compete successfully in export markets. It incorporates sophisticated calibration and training program software that includes a range of features:
- Starts automatically once rowing starts and goes into Just Row mode
- Select from custom or preset time, distance or interval workouts
- Displays units in Time/500m, Watts and Calories
- Calibrated scores that are comparable from machine to machine
- Stores workouts in memory with reviewable data and rerow
- Compatible with ANT + heart rate chest belts
- Software updates easily uploaded from USB stick
We also provided Oartech with a sophisticated programming jig to both load the latest firmware revision, and perform complete functional testing of the PCBA.