In-Store Demo Solution for Samsung Premium Audio Systems.
Samsung contracted Amatek to develop an interactive in-store demonstration system that allowed visitors to experience Samsung's range of precision home audio products.
The purpose of the system was to play demo music on a multiple speaker audio system using an Android Application in a retail environment. Specific requirements were that the system needed an audio controller which would connect to an Android device using the Android Open Accessory Protocol.
To achieve this, specific design challenges needed to be overcome, including:
- Overall system reliability due to it being a customer demonstration system in a premium concept store.
- Reliable communications with an Android device, with the system to be immediately available on demand for customer demonstrations.
- Support for Hi-FI audio quality.
- reliable communications with multiple Android devices over USB Real-time Audio Stream.
- A reliable system testing feature.
Key system elements utilised in this project included:
- An STMicro STM32F105 ARM® CortexT- M Microcontroller.
- An analogue device DSP (Digital signal Processor).
- Android USB Open Accessory Mode Interface.
- An Android USB Open Accessory Mode Interface.
- SPI Communications.
This project was built on our successful record of developing LIPD (Low Interference Potential Devices) radio communications for applications as diverse as key finders, remote sensors and remote meter monitoring systems.